Do you dream of traveling for your Career?
Becoming a Commercial truck driver could be the perfect career choice for you, but you should know the essential requirements before pursuing a career as a truck driver.
To be accepted for training as a truck driver, an applicant must:
- Be at least eighteen (18) years of age
- Minimum age for interstate drivers is twenty-one (21)
- Have a High School Diploma or GED. Other options are available, ask us for details.
- Have a Good Driving Record
- Obtain a Ten Year DMV printout - ($5.00 at local DMV office)
- No DUI convictions less than 5 years old
- No more than two (2) moving violations in the last 36 months.
- Possess a California Drivers License
- Obtain class "A" learners permit."Instuction is included in course."
- Pass a D.O.T. physical exam.
- Pass a drug screen test. According to the U.S. Department of Transportation Regulation 382.103, 382.103 student drivers are required to test even though they may not yet possess a Class A License.
* We recommend applicants meet with Norcal Truck Driving School's counselor,
a better determination on an individual basis can be made.
Find out more about the requirements to becoming a profession truck driver, and how you can learn the skills needed to drive a big rig in as little as one month.
Earn a solid wage, get great benefits and start moving in a positive direction!